Call for Papers - Indian Law Conclave: Paper Presentation Competition
Updated: Sep 26, 2020
The Organizing Committee of 3rd Indian Law Conclave hereby invites original abstracts of research papers and case studies on the following themes for presentation at Indian Law Conclave 2020 and publication in a book with an ISBN:
Law and Industrial Revolution 4.0
All India Bar Council - Evolving Role in Contemporary Scenario
Citizenship Amendment Act, 2019
Emerging Trends in Real Estate Sector
Labour Rights viz a viz Ease of Doing Business
Legal Framework for Cyber Crimes in India and Beyond
Neutrality of the Judiciary in the face of a strong Political Executive
Post Covid 19 - A New World Order?
*Topic can be chosen from any one of the eight themes mentioned above.
Important Note: Participation in the Paper Presentation Competition is OPTIONAL. You can participate in the Indian Law Conclave 2020 without presenting a paper.
1. The submission is open to all students, research scholars, teachers and professionals around the world.
2. Co-authorship shall be permitted. There is no bar on the number of co-authors.
3. However, all authors must register separately as delegates for the conclave.
Submission Guidelines for the Abstract - to be submitted before the Conclave
1. The work should be original, and must not be previously published or must not be in the stage of submission/consideration anywhere else.
2. An abstract should be written explaining the aims and motives of the paper. Word limit: 250-750 words.
3. Submissions should be made in .doc/.docx format.
4. Each submission must be accompanied with a short description about the author(s).
Submission Guidelines for the Full Paper - to be submitted and presented during the Conclave
1. The word limit, excluding footnotes, endnotes, references, and bibliography can range between 2500-7500 words.
2. Main Text – Times New Roman, font size 12, double spacing, justified, with a margin of an inch on all sides.
3. Footnotes – Times New Roman, font size 10. Substantive footnotes are accepted.
4. Citation Mode – Harvard Bluebook (20th Edition)
5. Submissions should be made in .doc/.docx format.
6. Bibliographies or reference lists are welcome, but not necessary.
7. Each submission must be accompanied by a short description of the author(s).
1. The Editorial Board will follow the Anonymous Peer-Review policy for judging the submissions.
2. The Editorial Board reserves the right to reject or edit any paper whose content is offensive or defamatory, explicitly unethical or if it supports racism, sexual or religious discrimination, illegal activities or terrorism; similarly, an article may be refused if the Editorial Board deems that it might harm the political or religious sentiments of interested readers in any manner.
3. The Editorial Board reserves the right to disqualify the paper on account of plagiarism.
4. The research paper should not infringe the copyright or any other right of a third party if so, the Indian Law Conclave Organizing Committee disclaims any responsibility for copyright violation or any other liability.
5. The research paper shall be considered the property of Indian Law Conclave Organizing Committee, which reserves the right of publication of the same in any book or in any other manner as it may deem appropriate, without providing any royalty or compensation.
6. The editorial board reserves the right to vary, repeal, alter any of the rules, if as required, as they deem appropriate.
7. A soft copy of the abstract must be uploaded at Abstract Submission Form available below by 15th October 2020.
First Prize + Distinction Certificate + Rs. 7,500/-
Second Prize + Distinction Certificate + Rs. 5,000/-
Third Prize + Distinction Certificate + Rs. 2,500/-
Evaluation Criteria for Prizes
1. Thesis and Thesis Statement - 15
2. Organization - 15
3. Support and Development of Ideas - 15
4. Insight into Subject - 15
5. Writing Style (clarity, flow, transitions, etc.) - 30
6. Grammar, Paragraph and Sentence Structure - 10
Total - 100
Average Score of Paper and Presentation will be used for ranking in the final result list.
1. Registration for Indian Law Conclave 2020 is mandatory for participation in this competition.
2. Types of Research Papers: Literature Review, Exploratory/Original Research, Case Study, Descriptive, Commentary or a mix of various types.
3. Our Editorial Board will provide detailed comments to the author(s) in case their paper needs revision and improvement.
4. A Certificate of Publication will be issued to the contributor(s) whose research paper(s)/case study(ies) is/are selected for publication in the book.
5. A Certificate of Participation will be issued to all the participants of Indian Law Conclave 2020.
The paper can be presented through any of the two methods:
1. PowerPoint Presentation - The paper can be presented through a PowerPoint presentation. It must not contain more than 15 slides.
2. Video Presentation - The paper can be presented through a high definition video.
Note: Discussion on every presentation will be facilitated during the conclave.
Publication in the Book
1. Selected presented papers will be published free of cost in a book having an ISBN.
2. Non-presented papers will not be considered for publication.
For any other queries, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org